Designing your deck is important as it will determine the appearance of the exterior landscape. There are different designs that you can choose from. There are different factors that you need to consider.
- The location and the purpose
What the deck will be used for is important when you are choosing the right design. This will help you to choose the right size and shape. Your deck needs to provide the right space for your guests. If you have a lot of space, you may need to consider installing a staircase.
Is the privacy of your deck important? If it is then you need to consider decking designs with privacy screens. There are different types that you need to consider including the wood, metal or vinyl.
- Deck height
The deck height is an important to factor to consider when you are choosing the decking designs. Your deck can either be low or raised above the ground. There are different design;
- Raised decks; if you have steep landscape, this is the perfect option for you.
- Platform; they are usually built lower to the ground. They are perfect if you have a large landscape space.
- Multilevel; these are the type of decks that are created with different levels.
- The materials
There are different materials that you need to consider.
- Composite; they are quite durable and can withstand the different weather conditions. They have been made with the combination of the sawdust, wood pieces, mulch and even plastic. They are the best option because they require low maintenance. These decking tiles come in different colors and sizes.
- Wood; they come in different material that you can choose including; cedar, treated timber etc.
- Aluminum; aluminum are superior to the other types of decking materials because they are resistant to rusting and molds. They are lighter and durable. They come in different designs that you can choose from. They however are the most expensive when it comes to installing.
- Vinyl; they are not wood and therefore do not have the natural look. They are however very versatile as they can be customized to fit in different designs.