Your deck is an extension of your personality. You need to therefore pay attention to the design of the deck. One of the things that you need to focus on is the deck spindles. There are different types of these railings that they differ when it comes to the material.
This is the most popular material to be used. It is very versatile and you can customize it to the type of design that you want. You can combine the wood with different species to create a unique appearance. The different designs;
- Cedar; it is natural durability. It is resistant to pest and also rotting. It is however important for you to stain your rails.
- Mahogany; it is rich in color. The darker the wood, the more resistant it is to rotting. You can add a sealant to protect it from greying.
- Treated lumber; it is cost friendly. It is mostly used because it can hold moisture.
- Redwood; it is durable and resistant to insects. The wood is prone to greying and therefore you need to apply a sealant so as to protect them from this process.
If you are looking for a unique and elegant design, then this is the right choice for you. Keep in mind that not all the metal can be used as deck spindles.
- Steel; it is durable. They are however prone to rust and therefore they may not create a great appearance. The best way to avoid the rusting process is to get a galvanized the steel.
- Aluminum; it is a suitable option compared to steel. They are rust resistant and they have the ability to withstand the weather conditions.
- Wrought iron; if you want to create a vintage look, this is the best option for you. You need to however to take care of them
They are durable and require low maintenance. They can also withstand the harsh weather conditions. They are made from a combination of the different materials like wood, sawdust and also plastic.